'Knowledgeable, confident and entertaining'
Birthwise refresher antenatal birth preparation classes are run by Caroline, a qualified teacher, doula and certified maternity nurse. They are designed for parents expecting their second or subsequent child, and can be taken at any time in pregnancy.
The classes will be tailored to the group attending but will include:
- A chance to debrief your previous pregnancy and birth experiences
- Your birth choices
- How to have a positive birth experience
- Exercises to support an active labour and birth, and optimal fetal positioning
- Infant feeding options and support
- Vaginal birth after caesarean (VBAC) and elective caesarean after caesarean
- Induction of Labour information
- Preparing siblings for a new arrival
and much, much more! Each course is highly tailored to the needs and interests of the prospective parents - planning an elective caesarean or a home birth? We'll talk about that. Parenting as an independent parent, a same-sex or an adoptive couple? We'll talk about that. Having twins or multiples? We'll talk about that. Raising multilingual children? We'll talk about that.
Most importantly, you will make a group of friends who are at the same life stage as you - these friendships often last a lifetime.
'The course was enjoyable as well as factual. I definitely felt more prepared now the clock has started ticking! Thanks for preparing us for this amazing adventure!'
'Caroline made us feel like we were winning. She left us with techniques for feeding, sleeping, soothing, changing and confidence as parents that we could do this!'
Booking is essential as spaces are limited. Cost £180 per couple or £100 for a single parent attendee for the 4 week (8 hour) course.
Private classes are also available for families , from £250 dependent on location.