My name is Caroline and I am a recognised birth & postnatal doula, a sleep consultant, breastfeeding counsellor and a certified maternity nurse. I believe that there is no greater privilege than supporting families as they welcome a new life into the world and learn how to become parents.
I enjoy constantly learning about birth, breastfeeding, baby sleep and infant development and am a keen advocate of research-based practice. I hold a doctorate in early childhood education.
I combine emotional and practical support with evidence based information for new parents and families.
As well as birth doula and postnatal doula/maternity nurse support I provide holistic sleep coaching and parent coaching sessions . I lead training for postnatal professionals with Gingham Kids Nanny Agency and MANNTA, I work with BabyEm Childcare Training Agency to plan and assess their training courses, and provide support to trainees on the Holistic Sleep Coaching programme. I also work as a parenting expert for the Mush parenting app. In my spare time, I volunteer in the area of breastfeeding support both locally and on a national helpline, and chair my local Maternity Voices Partnership as well as working in an advisory capacity for NHS England.
Training and qualifications
- PhD in early childhood education
- Recognised birth doula with Doula UK
- Recognised postnatal doula with Doula UK
- Doula preparation course with Developing Doulas
- Level 4 certified Maternity Nurse course with BabyEm
- Level 6 Holistic Sleep Coach
- Breastfeeding Counsellor with ABM
- Queer Birth Club training 2020
- Cultural Competency training 2021
- Waterbirth study day 2017
- Twins and more training 2018
- Loving the Multiple Mama training 2017
- Spinning Babies training 2017 & 2018
- Closing the Bones Massage training 2018
- Baby-Led Weaning Parent course 2018
- European Doula Conference 2017
- VBAC (Vaginal birth after caesarean) Supporter training 2017
- Bachelor and Masters degrees in Education
- Paediatric First aid qualification
- DBS police check
- Food Handling Level 2
- Public Liability insurance to £5 million
http://doulamamababa.blogspot.co.uk/ Blog about my experiences
https://www.facebook.com/doulamamababa/ Find me on Facebook for news and parent reviews
https://doula.org.uk/doula/caroline-zwierzchowska-dod/?cred_referrer_form_id=6667 My profile on Doula UK
https://www.instagram.com/doulamamababa/?hl=en Find me on instagram